The Tzemach Tzedek.
Adar 2 5776, Beis Midrash Linashim UBanos 770.
In honor and commemoration of the 150th Yahrtzeit of the Rebbe the Tzemach Tzedek, a series of classes will commence on the story of his life, each week for the foreseeable future (until we finish). This is our contribution to the commemoration of this jubilee, as the Rebbe always marked the Jubilee events in the lives if each of our Rabbeiim.
1) His father Reb Shalom Shachna, and why he was chosen as a son in law.
2) His mother, Rebbetzin Devorah Leah, the second of the Alter Rebbe's Children [and daughters], her greatness and her sacrifice.
3) Tanya recitation begins the day of the Tzemach Tzedek's birth: Erev Rosh HaShana 5549 (5550).
4) The year 5552 and the alter Rebbe's depression, Shavuos that year, the Tzemach Tzedek helps the alter Rebbe up after he faints, זה ינחמנו.
5) His mother offers her life so the alter Rebbe could live, The night of Rosh HaShana, she passes away Motzoei Rosh haShana, her Levaya
6) His bed is brought into his grandfather's room.
7) being brought into חדר the day after Yom Kippur.
8) Raised by his grandfather, under his Talis. sleeping in his room.
9) The story of the מאמר על שלשה דברים העולם עןמד which played itsekf out after 35 uears.
10) Quotas for learning finished quickly, not to waste time, נא דיר אהבה נא דיר יראה
11) Mesiras Nefesh for Torah, the story of the oven and the fire and wanting to hear Chassidus. A Bracha for long life.
12) The Tanya, dancing Hakafos; a question of giving it Nekudos (vowels)
13) The Alter Rebbe's arrest
14) Moving to Liadi.
15) Marrying his cousin.
16) The story of the שרש מצות התפילה and the consequences of it.
17) His older sons.
18) The Alter Rebbe's Histalkus.
19) During the Mitteler Rebbe's nesius.
20) Coming to Lubavitch.
21) Answering the Tshuvos in Nigleh,
22) His tzenius and alone-ness.
23) His relationship with his father in law and his Chassidus.
24) Kesuvim of the Alter Rebbe.
32,000 hours were dedicated by the Tzemach Tzedek to collecting, editing, sourcing and then putting notes and commentary to the Ma'amarim of the Alter Rebbe.
So much was burned.
The style of the notes.
Torah Ohr and Likutei Torah.
25) Accepting the role of leadership.
The various candidates.
The passage of time.
The Chassidim who went to the Holy Ruziner and elsewhere.
Reb Peretz and his freinds.
Making him Rebbe before they were fully prepared to be his Chassidim.
26) Tzemach Tzedek as a Rebbe.
27) He was an incredibly succesful Rebbe with so many Chassidim.
28) The story of the Cantonists,
The Mitteler Rebbe left this test to his son in law.
The story of the Cantonists.
The lotteries, the "Choppers", the "Chevra Techiyas HaMeisim".
They will die Ba'alei Teshuva.
Their Mesiras Nefesh.
What the Tzemach tzedek gave them.
30) The war over education, and the Haskalah's efforts to make inroads into Russia.
His visit to his mother's grave, she was allowed in to the BeShT, and he referenced ChiTaS (by heart).
The efforts of the reform to extend into Eastern Europe, during the times of the Alter Rebbe and again by the Tzemach Tzedek.
The coming together of Chassidim and Misnagdim as a result of this struggle.
31) The meeting in 5603. His Mesiras Nefesh.
Betzalel Shtern and Kabbalah.
Coming back with a new Chossid: his own son the MahaRiL.
32) His writings, in Nigla and in Chassidus. 60,000 "Boigens".
33) Reb Yitzchok Elchanan contemplates going to Lubavitch.
34) The Teshuvos (responsa) published posthumously.
35) a pen and paper on every surface,
35) His furniture as simple
36) His sefarim and what Chassidim gave him.
37) The Rabbanim and Shavuos in Lubavitch.
38) Yechidus, some stories.
The disorder served a purpose.
39) Yeshivos all over Russia under the auspices of the Rebbe's son in law Reb Levi Yitzchok.
40) Yoshvim in Lubavitch.
41) Yending young men to learn the ways of Chassidus from older Chassidim.
42) Fires and their consequences.
43) The Rebbetzin Chaya Mushka.
44) Their relationship,
45) Her Tehillim,
46) Passes away ahead of him.
47) The RaVaSh, the oldest son.
48) He knew and was connected to the Alter Rebbe.
49) His entire life was lived in Lubavitch.
50) Not becoming a Rebbe got him double measure.
51) The MaHaRiL.
52) Connected to the Mitteler Rebbe
53) He became his father's Chossid after coming from Petersburgh.
54) Chassidus and Avoda.
55) Going to Kopust, passes away.
56) His dynasty- three sons in succession.
58) His daughter married the RaZA.
59) grandfather of Reb. Nechama Dina.
61) big Lamdan.
62) father in law f the Rebbe MaharaSh for a few nonths.
63) His dynasty. the MaharID.
64) Reb Yosef Yitzchok
65) The Lubavitch Chernabil Shiduch
66) Being like the Rabbeiim of Poland.
67) Reb Ya'akov.
68) Rebbe MaHaRaSh.
69) Histalkus of the Rebbetzin.
70) The last years, the illness and the happenings.
71) The Histalkus, Levaya and aftermath.
The Pa"N that was not delivered.
72) The Din Torah and the departure of the brothers.
73) More of the aftermath of the Tzemach Tzedek's Histalkus.
Though all the Tzadikim passed Hashem still lives.
Sit on My chair
The Etz Chayim and the RaShDaM
The reduction of Lubavitch and the diversification of ChaBaD.