Written by Administrator
Monday, 28 February 2011 12:55
1) Korban means to bring close, and everything can be made closer.
2) It is broughth close by Yidden who are Hashem's shluchim.
3) It begins with the sacrifice of self, and more specifically the sacrifice of the higher and Godly
4) It continues to the more mundane and lowly, including the body and animal Soul.
This is a Maamar from 9 kislev.
This Korbanos Maamar made its' way into the winter because it was a newly printed Sefer of the Mitteler Rebbe.
The Maamar (in general) makes two points about a Korban:
1) to sacrifice and transform,
2) Uplift and bring close. The Rebbe proposes that these two also exist in Pada BiShalom 1) Tefilla, 2) Torah.
Hashem is calling Moshe from His Essence to the essence of Moshe (and every Yid). This power is then brought down to affect our service (even) in elevating and refining the animal soul and body.